Alrighty, I finally got around to priming the Orks from the Assault on Black Reach starter set I got… last year. So I decided to do a test painting on a single Ork. While they’re supposed to look messy, I find that they’re a bit tougher to paint than marines. Marines are easy because they have a lot of large, simple surfaces, and not too many small details. I find, if you want to do a good job, the Orks have a ton of little fiddly bits that you have to be careful to avoid mucking up. Being that this was my first Ork, I had to make a lot of corrections, which unfortunately don’t look wonderful after you’ve already applied inks. That said, it was a ton of fun and I can’t wait to get painting the whole army. It’s also very nice to have a change of pace from painting all those marines (and all that brown — I’m sure I’ll be sick of green soon). When I’ve got more painted, expect some more pictures to illustrate my progress. I’m looking to get this army all good to go ASAP!